Children Issues Legal Aid

Contact our Child Law Team: 0115 924 7023

Guide to Child Law Legal Aid

We provide Legal Aid for Legal Advice if it is available (see below) and for Family mediation including dealing with issues related to children. If you are in receipt of a low income or benefits, you may be entitled to Legal Aid. You will also need to provide a specific piece of evidence of either domestic violence or child protection issues in order to secure legal aid for children or divorce matters.

If you are seeking advice about domestic violence we will only be required to assess your means. This means that our costs for carrying out work in your case are paid for by the Legal Aid Agency.

Frequently Asked Questions about Child Law Legal Aid

Who can claim Legal Aid?

If you are in receipt of the following benefits you should be able to receive Legal Aid subject to:

a) providing evidence of domestic violence or child protection issues and

b) us assessing your capital (savings, property, etc.):

  • Income Support
  • INCOME RELATED Employment Support Allowance
  • INCOME BASED Job Seekers Allowance
  • Guaranteed Pension Credits

You may be able to obtain Legal Aid if you are in receipt of other state benefits or you are on a low income. If you would like to be assessed for Legal Aid in a Family matter then please get in touch with one of our specialists.

Get in touch with someone from our Child Law team in order to book a free 1/2 hour appointment out our Nottingham Office.

Contact our Child Law Team

Call us free

0800 1071 208

How can we help?

I am an existing client

Please Note: This enquiry is totally confidential. We only request other party details to check we are not conflicted.