Social Services and Care Proceedings

Contact our Family Law Team: 0115 9247 023

Guide to Social Services and Care Proceedings

If the Social Services Department believes a child in their area may be at risk of significant harm or neglect, they have a duty to investigate and in some cases intervene. The Social Services are a department of the Local Authority (Council). They could apply to the Courts for a number of different types of Orders. This section deals with the different types of orders that could be applied for.

Free Advice Available

Legal Aid Available

Call us free

0800 1071 208

How can we help?

I am an existing client

Please Note: This enquiry is totally confidential. We only request other party details to check we are not conflicted.